Register your Float for this year’s theme:
Together We Celebrate!
The Campbell River Rotary Canada Day Parade will be following the traditional route: leaving the marshaling area at 13th and Dogwood at 4:00pm – a Map will be available on this website in June.
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entrants, plus Best Children’s entry and Best Animal entry, will be awarded at the main stage in Ostler Park at 5:00pm – the time may change depending on the number of entries.
Do you have a community group or organization that you would like to promote? Are you the coach or organizer of an amazing team, or sports organization? Dance troupe? Cultural organization? Local business or non-profit agency? Get together, decorate your float and Together We Celebrate in the 2023 Campbell River Rotary Canada Day Parade!
NOTE: We accept E-Transfers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG PRIZES TO BE WON FOR THE BEST ENTRIES
- 1st Prize – $1000
- 2nd Prize – $750
- 3rd Prize – $500
- Best Children’s – $250
- Best Animal’s $100
ENTRY FEE – $20.00 Due by or before July 1, 2023.
NOTE: You can pay the entry fee by cash or cheque when you check in at the marshalling area on July 1st, 2022
PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) NOTE: FOR INSURANCE AND LEGAL PURPOSES, AN ENTRY FEE IS REQUIRED. The entry fee will be used for the cash prizes.
2) MARSHALLING AREA: Corner of 13th and Dogwood Street – Enter from 13th Avenue.
3) PARADE TIMES
- 1:00pm Floats & Participants arrive at marshalling area
- 3:00pm Marching Units in positions; all entrants registered & assembled
- 4:00pm Parade Starts – Time subject to change
- 5:00pm Prizes awarded at Stage in Ostler Park – Foreshore
- Floats should be 50% decorated – Parade Marshall reserves the right to refuse any entry not suitably decorated.
- Floats must be equipped with an approved FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
- NO FIRES of any kind on floats.
- Drivers must remain with floats.
5) CARS, VANS, BIKES, ETC. All units should be 50% decorated EXCEPT VINTAGE VEHICLES or those carrying ROYALTY or GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.
6) ANIMAL ENTRIES. Necessary clean up equipment MUST accompany each entry.
7) SAFETY REGULATIONS:
- The Parade Marshall reserves the right to refuse entry to any unit they consider a hazard safety of the parade.
- Units must be designed so driver can exit quickly in the event of an emergency.
- Walking participants to be provided by parade entrants to ensure crowd does not encroach on float/entry.
- NOTHING TO BE THROWN FROM THE PARADE UNITS – CANDIES, STICKERS ETC.
- Walkers handing out items – Candies, Stickers etc. – to onlookers must maintain a safe distance of 1 Metre ~ 3 Feet.
8) GENERAL REGULATIONS:
- No soliciting of money is permitted by entrants during the parade.
- Position in the parade will be allotted by the PARADE MARSHALL.
- Entries and sponsors of entries will hold safe and absolve the Campbell River Rotary, Salmon Festival Society, Canada Day Committee, Parade Marshall, Volunteers and City of Campbell River from responsibility for personal injury or property damage arising from accidents incurred going to, during or dispersing from the parade that is the fault of the entry